top of page

Support. Savings. Satisfaction.

Small Business Commercial Insurance


Small businesses make up 97% of Connecticut's business, totaling approximately 333,100. If you're a small business owner, you need to protect yourself. General liability insurance protects your business from a variety of claims, including those involving property damage, personal injury and advertising errors.

What type of business insurance do I need?

The right insurance for you will depend on your type of business and your specific needs. Call us today at (860) 785-4854 so we can discuss your options with you. These are the three most common types of small business insurance.

A business owners policy covers general liability, property and business income.

General liability covers  common business risks including bodily injury, property damage and advertising injury.

Workers Compensation is required for most businesses with employees and helps cover medical fees and lost wages for work-related illness or injuries.

There are more specific types of business insurance as well, including:

  • Commercial Flood Insurance

  • Commercial Worker's Compensation

  • Commercial Auto Insurance 

  • Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance

  • Professional Liability Insurance

  • Errors and Omissions

  • Surety Bonds

Once you're covered, we make managing your insurance simple, because we'll be your direct contact for all your future needs, such as making a change to your coverage, getting more information, or filing a claim.

  • How can I save money on my renters premium?
    One of the best ways to save on renters insurance, and onother types of insurance as well, is to bundle your policies. Other savings opportunities may include monitored security system discounts and claims free discounts.
  • Can roommates share one renters insurance policy?
    No. A renters policy automatically covers family members, such as your spouse or children. A live-in significant other may also be covered. A roommate is not covered under your renters policy and would need to obtain their own policy.
  • Do college students need renters insurance?
    Because renters insurance is so affordable and offers low deductible options, it's a great idea for college students. Your homeowners policy should cover your child while they are away from home, but there are limitations and your homeowners policy deductible (which is typically much higher than renters insurance) would apply if there was a loss. With renters insurance, if someone steals your child's laptop, their policy would provide coverage for theft. It would also help protect your child if he or she is found legally responsible for damage or injury to others.
  • Can I add renters insurance to my homeowners policy?
    Having two separate policies is not typically needed, especially for the same location. There may be situations where it makes sense to care a homeowners and renters policy, though, such as if your child is away at school or if you are renting a property in addition to the home you own. A homewoners or renters insurance policy can offer some coverage in multiple locations, but there may be limitations, which is why two separate policies can be a good option. Call us at (860) 785-4854 to discuss if this is the right option for you.
  • Does renters insurance cover moving?
    If you're moving to a new rental, there's no need to cancel your renters policy. Simply update it to reflect your new address. You may also want to review your coverage at this time to make sure it still fits your needs. If you plan to hire a professional moving company and have a written contract, your stuff is covered if lost during the move or damaged by a covered event such as fire or vehicular accident. Your stuff is not covered for breaking or scratching during the move - for that you'd need to purchase additional protection from the moving company. If you are moving into a new home and will need a homeowners insurance policy instead, you should wait to cancel your renters policy until after your stuff is delivered to your new address. If your belongings are not being moved under a movers contract or another form of shipping or storage, the renters policy can be canceled the same day as your homeowners policy is issued. Contact us at (860) 785-4854 to review your renters policy or transition to a homeowners insurance policy.

Our carriers

Liberty Mutual Insurance, Auto Insurance
Plymouth Rock Auto Insurance
bottom of page